Environmental protection is a chief priority at ATM. ATM sets the highest standards for the reliability and continuous improvement of its services. The protection of the environment, conservative handling of resources and the safety thereof are values that ATM and its employees base their work on. For that reason, these aspects are structured in an operational environmental management system according to DIN EN ISO 14001:2015 “Environmental management systems – Requirements with guidance for use” and defined in an environmental policy handbook.
The goal of this system is to anchor environmentally relevant processes in the company and to continuously improve environmental protection activities. Environmental goals are set based on the environmental policy and their achievement is continuously monitored by an officer. The goal is to continuously improve the company’s environmental performance.
The following operational principles sum up ATM’s holistic corporate philosophy for these fields and serve as guidelines for ATM:
- Environmental protection is a major managerial task and therefore the responsibility of the management. However, all employees are responsible for an effective structure of awareness and operations.
- In addition to compliance with binding legal regulations, ATM is committed to continuously improving operational environmental protection and the environmentally conscious use of energy and material resources.
- The environmental effects of ATM’s operations are assessed as early as possible in order to prevent pollution of the environment.
- Harm to the environmental is prevented by making full use of all organisationally and technically feasible options and by defining annual environmental goals.
- ATM puts its environmental policy into daily practice by applying a suitable management system. All environmentally relevant activities are reviewed by conducting suitable technical and organisational procedures in order to improve environmental performance in this regard as well.
This also applies to the life cycle of ATM’s products, which ATM secures by providing consistent life cycle support for its hardware and software solutions.
Continuous auditing and certification ensure that ATM has performed the target-oriented further development of its processes and competences.